Thursday, October 14, 2010

Ashevegas:

For the last few years I have been living in the Asheville, North Carolina area. For the first time in my life I have found a place that despite my travels, always feels like home. I'll be honest when i'm away I never want to come home. Asheville gives me a small city which I crave but with so much to do in the ways of hiking, kayaking, mountain biking, and camping just outside the city. As well it has given me one of the  closest groups of friends that i've ever had as well it has opened up so many amazing opportunities to me.
These two were inspire  by the wonderful little city I call home;


Ashevegas


Downtown is boring in the morning.
Nothing but delivery trucks double-parked.
Waiting on wait staff to be let in.
Weekday, no bustling breakfast cafes,
But a dozen coffee shops.
Mingling their aromas from around the equater.
Waiting for the streets to perk up.
With the aura ofAurora Borealis
That is this city’s persona.



                                                                                      



Little kids in unitards and winter hats.
Slightly uptight pretentious men,
And women in their over starched suits
With pleated pants and shiny shoes.
Local hipsters in tattered jeans.
Nothing but personal flair everywhere.
Johnny dressed all prim and promper.
In his fresh pressed uniform and too rigid trooper hat.
Watching over the hospitality.
In their single colored (appearing to look) clean
Established outfits.
Who are waiting on
All of us.


No comments:

Post a Comment