Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sarcasm Font

The first three stanzas were done over a year ago and yet I always felt like something was not quite right about it. It was as if something was missing or just not completed. Last night I realized why.

Tiger Lilies and Black-Eyed Susans
Simple opposites of a common ground
Faithful service that a common man's
attempt at a clean pilgrimage will abound.

Unkempt and at times in a sense of disarray
A sprout, a bud, a bloom of natures true color
May lead to a chat, a foray, maybe even a soiree.
Perhaps. Even enough to phone for a date with'er.

A long distance road trip back home.
Stopping along the way to tease the soul.
And temp the heart, to inspire poem.
She maybe one to help climb out this hole.

Or will I be teased and loose my voice?
And have my words humbly hidden from me.
Playing for a while.  Enough to put us both at ease.
When we wake will it have been a dream?.

No comments:

Post a Comment