Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Aids Shack and more

My time in Chile and Argentina was one of the most amazing experiences in my life to date. I could write pages and pages about it. In fact I already have in my traveling journal. Reading back over things my writing journal seems to say things much clearer. 

To Chile, the greatest adventure I've had so far.

Aids Shack

Just a run down red shack
No ice box but a shower and a stove. 
Two simple rooms full of history,
Friendships new and old.
Sideboards pealing, tin roof flapping
On a foundation held aloft by stone and stump.
Tucked in back. Hidden from view
Amongst  Poplars and Willows
That serve as a perch for my nest with a leafy window
To a fantastic dream that resides here
In this dilapidated run down shack on a lake.

Coming home to the Aids shack after a successful mission.
                                                                                                                    




I'm as confused about what I am doing
As to the words, the language coming from 
Your sweet soft lips. That I enjoyed by
the lake this cool afternoon as we
Spoke with our eyes and I tried to 
Roll my Rrrr's and still resorted to a reference.
                                                                                                                      




Second to last night and the rain rolls in.
Blanketing my beach with millions of moist kisses.
My hammock rocks and sways as the rain fly beats,
To the symphonies baritone wind section.

Waves crashing harder and harder. And I wait.
It's early and not quite time to rise up emerging from this chrysalis.
It's warm and cozy. 
And I don't feel ready to fly away so soon.


                                                                                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment